About the School of Engineering & Built Environment
Welcome to the School of Engineering and Built Environment, Kirinyaga University, Kenya. The School is located in the Academic office Block, approximately 120 metres, North West from the main gate.
Currently, the School has 8 degree programmes, six diploma programmes, and four certificate programmes.
All our programmes intake is in September, January and May respectively.
The department has a student population of more than 800 and 18 teaching and support staff.
The School has 3 areas of specialization namely;
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering, and
- Architectural and Building Science.
The School is currently offering the following 8 degree programmes which have been generated from the 3 areas of specialization;
- Bachelor of Technology in Instrumentation and Control
- Bachelor of Technology in Telecommunication and Information Engineering
- Bachelor of Technology in Renewable Energy
- Bachelor of Technology in Water, Irrigation and Environmental Engineering
- Bachelor of Technology in Mechanical Ventilation and Air Conditioning
- Bachelor of Technology in Electronics and Computer Engineering
- Bachelor of Technology in Property and Construction Management
- Bachelor of Technology in Mechanical Engineering
Our programs are tailored towards addressing the existing gaps in firms and industries and meant to facilitate Kenya’s advancement to vision 2030 and SDGs.